Friday, February 12, 2016

Saturday 9: The Theme from Love Story (1970)

1) The very popular tagline for this movie is, "Love means never having to say you're sorry." Here's your chance to rewrite it. "Love means everything."

2) The movie was famous for a montage of the lovers frolicking in the snow. Do you enjoy sledding, skating, skiing, snowball fights, snowmen, etc.? Or do you just want spring to hurry up and get here?
- Skating.


3) In the movie, Oliver asks his father for $5,000. The money is required for wife Jenny's hospital treatment, but Oliver is too proud to tell his father why he needs it. Adjusted for inflation, $5,000 in 1970 is $30,000 today. How much would you be willing to lend a friend or family member without knowing the reason?
- I don't know. It is just hard to trust anyone nowadays, even you're truest friend can betray you.

4) In the movie, Jenny is the daughter of a baker who owns a little shop in Cranston, Rhode Island. Think of the last baked goods you consumed. Were they home made? Did you buy them from a bakery, the grocery store, or a coffee shop, like Starbucks?
- I bought it in a grocery store.

5) In 1970, when the movie was first released, California's First Lady Nancy Reagan said she liked it but was upset to hear Ali MacGraw's character swear. What's the curse word you use most often? (Feel free to spell it with *'s, in case Nancy Reagan stops by Sat. 9)
- I tend not to curse even if I'm mad as hell. ;) 

6) Now 75, Ali MacGraw has let her famous hair go gray. She says she's glad to "look like a grown up." Do you feel your age? Or older or younger than your years?
- I feel much younger than my age. Young at heart not by age. 

7) MacGraw and her Love Story co-star Ryan O'Neal are currently on tour in the play, Love Letters, and they're drawing big crowds of fans who remember them in their famous film. Tell us of another movie couple you felt had romantic chemistry.

- Kate Winslet and Leonardo di Caprio.

8) Red is the signature color of Valentine's Day. Are you wearing red right now? 
- No. 

9) Because Valentine's Day is such a big day for chocolate ... would you prefer a large, solid milk chocolate heart or a small box of four assorted chocolates?
- Rice and Roasted Chicken will do. Lol! :D


Join the fun here.


  

7 comments:

Smellyann said...

I completely agree with you on #3. I had some really good friends betray me in recent years, and it hurts, badly. :( Happy Saturday!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Rice and roasted chicken does sound darned good. I tend to cuss more now that I'm passed 70. I have a lot of catching up to do, eh? :o)

The Gal Herself said...

Oh, Kate and Leo! Rose and Jack! So romantic and doomed. Good choice.

CountryDew said...

I am impressed that you do not curse. I grew up with parents who did and it is a habit that has been with me since I was quite young. I try to remember who I am with but sometimes the words slip out anyway. Oh well. I'm over 50 so what the ... heck.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

I'm with you on the savory dinner over chocolate. The Titanic movie is one I've never seen, but I hear they were a good couple.

Kwizgiver said...

Kate & Leo do have good chemistry, I loved them in Revolutionary Road.

Ravyne said...

Wonderful answers.. Kate and Leo.. hmm yes, good choice! Have a great week!

Post a Comment

" give me some loving "

 

A New Beginning Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon