Friday, October 14, 2016

Saturday 9: If I Knew You Were Comin' (1950)

1) This song is performed by a woman who is positively tickled to have unexpected company. How do you feel when people drop by unannounced?
 I'd be surprised! Then I will see what food I can offer for them.

2) She is clearly proud of her skills in the kitchen. Do you enjoy baking? Cooking?

 I do! I love cooking and baking.

3) Reference is made to hiring a band. Tell us the last time you were at an event with live music.
 That was a year ago. Spending quality time with my friends.


4) After making recordings in the early 1950s, Eileen Barton appeared on daytime TV in the early 1960s -- including a game show called Video Village. Let's say we're all headed to a TV game show taping this morning. Would you volunteer to appear as a contestant? Or would you rather just stay in the audience?

 I will volunteer as one of the challengers. I want to be part of it and enjoy the chance of being on a TV show.

5) In 1961, Ms. Barton got married in Juarez, Mexico. What's the longest distance you've ever traveled to attend a wedding?

 I traveled to Thailand to witness one of my closes friends' wedding.

6) In 1950, when this song was popular, the Detroit Red Wings won the Stanley Cup. Are you looking forward to the upcoming NHL season?

 I guess so.


7) 1950 also marks the first time anyone in the United States paid by credit card. Do you pay with a credit card to get rewards? If yes, what rewards are you accumulating (points, cash back, airline miles)?
 I don't use credit cards. It's a pain in the neck.

8) In 1950, an athlete named Florence Chadwick swam the English Channel. Are you a good swimmer?
 No. I can't swim.

9) Random question: Think about the last "white lie" you told. Was it to spare someone's feelings, or to make your day go more smoothly?
 To make my day go more smoothly. 


Join the fun HERE.

5 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

You sound like a most welcoming hostess and friend! Good for you.

Nonnie said...

I'm not a good swimmer either. You must be very brave though to want to be on a TV game show! ;-) I think Thailand wins for traveling the farthest for a wedding. I like your header.

CountryDew said...

You sound like you would be a good host! Hurray! I will join you on the game show!

Kwizgiver said...

Wow--what a distance to travel for a wedding!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

*gives you some loving*

You have made a beautiful blog!
We both like to cook and to bake. Yay!
And, please, you should learn how to swim. Truly. And then your little one will, too. You will both be safer that way.

Post a Comment

" give me some loving "

 

A New Beginning Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon