Sunday, October 9, 2016

For my upcoming Baby Boy

Dearest my little Jap,

Growing up, I never really had an urgent need to one day be a mom. I knew that one day I wanted to be one, and when I did, I wanted to be the best mom just like my mom. But I didn’t rush it. As life goes, things happen when they happen. You see, I had prayed to find the husband that I would build a life with, and when I did, we waited for three long years before you came along. In the 7 months that you have been growing in my belly, life has been a bit round the bend for Mommy and Daddy. So crazy, that we haven’t spent hours preparing a nursery. As if the time I spend preparing for your arrival somehow equates to the amount of love I have for you. It doesn’t. I promise. Your ferocious little kicks to my ribs, already melt my heart. Your little turned up nose on the ultrasound already tells me that you’ll look just like your Dad.Even though my body changed, you’re worth it. There were days you made me tired physically and emotionally, but feeling your little flutters made everything okay. I remember the first time I saw you on the ultrasound, you had a strong heartbeat that sang a tune of love to my ears. It filled my eyes with tears and reminded me how special motherhood is. I promise to kiss you Goodnight and hug you when you are feeling down, but I can’t promise that your Daddy won’t get jealous. I can’t promise to protect you from everything because the world we live in is mad as a hatter. You will learn on your own how to live in it. You will have to fight for what you believe in and be strong, but I promise to try my best to raise you into a man who every woman would want to marry. (Just like Grandma raised your Daddy.) 10 weeks and 4 days until I meet you, 10 weeks and 4 days until I hold you and 10 weeks and 4 days until I get to call you mine.

Love,
Mommy


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

" give me some loving "

 

A New Beginning Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon